Eighth & Bannock St
The first permanent Federal Building and U.S. Courthouse was constructed in 1906 at the corner of Eighth and Bannock St. in downtown Boise. It served as the site of the U. S. District Court continuously until 1968, when a new Federal Building and U. S. Courthouse was constructed at 550 W. Fort St. The U. S. Bankruptcy Court officially remained in the Eighth & Bannock Building until 1995.
The historic Eighth & Bannock building still serves as a Post Office (Borah Station) and houses the local offices of all United States Senators and Congressional Representatives from Idaho. The chambers of Resident Ninth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals Judge Thomas G. Nelson are also located there. The historic courtroom, as depicted in the photos above, has been used to hold oral arguments on pending appellate cases before a Ninth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals, three-judge panel.